Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 19 Next »

Demonstration of how an Instructor can use the Grade Transfer Tool in the Canvas LMS.

How do I learn about the Canvas Gradebook? Canvas Grade Center Best Practices Document

Step 1: Prepare Canvas Course Site Settings:

• The Grade Transfer Tool only works for Graded Courses (Example: A, B, C, D, F).

• The Grade Transfer Tool does not work for Pass/Fail, Complete/Incomplete, or other uniquely graded courses. Please see the Registrar’s Help Article: Faculty Grading for instructions on manually submitting grades into Peoplesoft.

Step 1A: Make sure that all assignments have a grade, even if it’s a zero.

Click here to expand this section:

Step 1B) Enable Course GradIng Scheme in the Canvas Settings area.

Click here to expand this section:
  • Check the “Enable Course Grading Scheme” Box for Grade Transfer tool to work.

• You can leave the Grading Scheme at default settings or customize the scheme if you prefer.

• Remember to Update Course Details at the bottom of the page.

Step 2) Perform the Grade Transfer Process on My.Boisestate.edu

• Sign into to http://my.boisestate.edu

• Select Employee

• The orange Transfer Grades button appears 3 days before grades are due in Peoplesoft. Select Transfer Grades

• Select the orange button Import Grades from Canvas

• If you have forgotten any of the set-up steps, the tool will give you a pop-up message indicating what is missing.

• Here is a screenshot where the instructor forgot to turn on the Grade Schema and received an error message. If an error occurs, go back to Canvas and fix the issue. Then return to http://my.boisestate.edu and repeat the import process - it will work this time!

• As long as everything is set up correctly, the grades will load in Peoplesoft. A green “success” message will appear briefly in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

• Review the loaded grades. Select the blue Save to Peoplesoft Button.

• A new box will pop up with a link to go to Peoplesoft to finalize.

• Once you are in Peoplesoft, go to the Grades Roster for your course.

• Review the students' grades and Submit them to Peoplesoft. You’re done!

Bonus! Faculty Grading FAQ from Registrar’s Office.

Relevant Information

• No labels