Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 8 Next »

Demonstration of how an Instructor can use the Grade Transfer Tool in the Canvas LMS.

Notice:

Canvas to Peoplesoft Grade Transfer only works for Graded courses (A, B, C, D, F), not Pass/Fail, Complete/Incomplete, or other unique grading scenarios.

Instructions

Canvas Grade Center Best Practices Document

Step 1: Make sure that all assignments have a grade, even if it’s a zero.

Step 2: Enable Course GradIng Scheme in the Canvas Settings area.

• Check the “Enable Course Grading Scheme” Box for Grade Transfer tool to work.

• You can leave the Grading Scheme at default settings or customize the scheme if you prefer.

• Remember to Update Course Details at the bottom of the page.

Grade Transfer Process (My.boisestate.edu)

• Sign into to my.boisestate.edu

• Select Employee

• The orange Transfer Grades button appears 3 days before grades are due in Peoplesoft. Select Transfer Grades

• Select the orange button Import Grades from Canvas

• If you have forgotten any of the set-up steps, the tool will give you a pop-up message indicating what is missing.

• Here is a screenshot where the instructor forgot to turn on the Grade Schema and received an error message. If an error occurs, go back to Canvas and fix the issue. Then return to my.boisestate.edu and repeat the import process - it will work this time!

• The grades will load. A green “success” message will appear briefly in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

• Review the loaded grades. Select the blue Save to Peoplesoft Button.

• A box will pop up asking to you to go to Peoplesoft to save the grade submissions.

• Once you are in Peoplesoft, go to the Grades Roster for your course

• Review the students' grades and Submit them to Peoplesoft.

Extra Resource: Faculty Grading FAQ from Registrar’s Office.

Relevant Information

Have a suggestion?

Email us! lts@boisestate.edu

• No labels